Welcome to the internet home of St. John Before the Latin Gate Roman Catholic Church!
Please know that our highest priority, in fact, the very reason for our existence, is to glorify God and to work for the salvation of souls. As the Baltimore Catechism teaches, “God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in heaven.” You and I are on this walk together.
There are many good things happening at the parish. We offer programs for kids, teenagers, a Women’s Association, Knights of Columbus for men, choirs, prayer groups, adult faith formation classes, family life ministries, and even a leisure club for the elderly. I encourage you to explore these activities and consider getting involved. It would be a great opportunity to use some of your God-given gifts for the good of the church and also a great way to connect with other people in the parish community.
As you may already know, I love communication (especially talking!). In light of that, I would like for you to know about me, your pastor, a little better. I offer the following points:
* I am a native of Okeene, Oklahoma (western part of the state), a cradle Catholic, and have lived in Eastern Oklahoma since 1982. The middle of five children, I was raised in a devout Catholic home. I attended St. Mary’s Catholic School through the fifth grade, graduated from Okeene High School
* I earned a Bachelor degree in Business Administration, and a Minor in Music from Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford, OK. Continuing my education, I earned a Master of Arts in Catholic Thought and Life (2008), a Master of Theological Studies (2009), and a Certificate in Spiritual Direction (2016) – all from Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology.
* My working career before becoming a priest included retail management, operational management, executive recruiting, and most recently 8 years as the Coordinator of Volunteer Resources of Catholic Charities of Eastern Oklahoma.
* As a “second career” vocation I became an official seminarian in 2015. I was ordained a transitional deacon on February 5, 2016 and was ordained a priest on July 16, 2016 by Bishop David Konderla. My first priestly assignments included Associate Pastor of the Church of St. Benedict in Broken Arrow, and the Diocesan Coordinator of Rural Outreach, a newly created office and position.
* I was assigned as the Pastor of St. John Before the Latin Gate in Bartlesville, OK as of July 1, 2017 and I also continue my Rural Outreach responsibility.
* I am a member of the Board of Governors for Catholic Charities of Eastern Oklahoma; the Chaplain for EnCourage for the Diocese, a ministry for loved ones of individuals who experience same sex attraction; on the implementation team with the Alcuin Institute for the Bishop's pastoral letter, God Builds a House; and am active in the Bartlesville Ministerial Alliance.
* Hobbies of mine include music (I have been an avid semi-professional musician/guitarist); creating with Legos; active in many church and social circles; walking; riding my bike; amateur photography; and I enjoy a good laugh.
If ever I can be of assistance to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me at the parish office. It is a blessing to be in Bartlesville and at St. John. I look forward to the journey of faith we share. I hope that you feel at home here at St. John!